Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God Speed Little Man....

So, Whoever is reading this, this might be a little emotional in the beginning but I promise to lighten it up!

Sterling woke up again, within an hour of being asleep, screaming and trembling. So, again I run in. Pick him up into my arms and begin to sway (as im standing) him back to sleep.
Back and Forth... Back and Forth. His eyes just going in and out...
So, I said to myself, sing to him. I havent had to really rock him in a while since he has been going to sleep on his own, and I had to think of what used to work for him.

1st song we sang in choir in high school, but the words are so beautiful I always told myself to sing it to my child... "Mother rocks you, Humbing lowly, Hush my dear one, go to sleep. Angels hover, ever nearer. Looking on your smiling face. I will hold you, close, unfold you, hush my dear one, go to sleep...."

It worked. Instantly. But by that point I was enjoying something that I have missed in so long. Holding my little man in my arms, watching him sleep, and singing him lullabies.

Next on the list- You are my Sunshine. My daddy used to sing that to me, Infact we still sing it together in harmony. I used to sing that when sterling was a baby and it was the only thing that could make him quiet.
Then I start tearing up thinking of how big he is, and how that really wasnt that long ago.

3rd Came- Jesus loves me. I refuse to let Sterling go to sleep without prayer....and in youth group we made up a more contemporary version of this song. I love to sing it, and its very soothing. Who doesnt want to hear that Jesus loves you? I know I love to sing it and lift him in praise!

Lastly, This one is the kicker.... God Speed (sweet dreams).
Here are the lyrics.

"Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)"



Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you


Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams


The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you


Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams


God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you


Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings

Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed

Sweet dreams

If that doesnt make you tear up I dont know what will... My mom used to play this for my brother, and now that I have a child it has a whole new meaning.
I got to kiss my child to sleep, successfully lay him down without waking him, and come in here and ball.
I guess that what being a mommy is all about.

A few good notes:
  • WE FINALLY GOT RAIN! Holy crap have we been waiting on this or what! I couldnt stand to be outside anymore. Our grass is dead, its been awefully hott, and our weather man has been totally wrong for the past month! Thank God we finally have some rain. Our pour grass trees and plants have needed it. 
  • Sterling is the official owner of a potty. So far, he thinks the "pee blocker" is a toy that makes noise, and that the inside of the toilet bowl is a treasure chest for toys. We did get him on it once, but it was for a quick picture, then off. I just want him to slowly become comfortable sitting on it. When he is ready, He will tell us!
  • This may not sound good to start, but it gets better. Sunday night I was at work and started having horrible shakes, I was having a hard time catching my breath, and my heart was racing.... I thought that it was an anxiety attack, but it didnt feel like that... I thought maybe i needed to eat? nope....  I ended up going to to hospital, and they said that my potassium was horribly low. As many times as I have been to the doctor, no one has ever ever ever told me to watch my potassium. I didnt know! So I guess I was having something similar to a heart attack, but not. wow. Good news? Im not a person with heart attack history ( meaning im ok) and I have potassium pills to take which seem to be making a difference. 
  • Last one. Walnut Valley Bluegrass Festival is coming up. Im so excited. I get to take Sterling camping, enjoy friends and family and even go see Julie! Hopefully we can meet up in Wichita! If any friends have vacation time they can use I highly recommend coming! Its the 3 weekend in September in Winfield Kansas. 

Well, I better get to bed. 
Goodnight all..... and God Speed. :0)
Molly

1 comment:

  1. I am holding Miles who is asleep on my lap, and decided to check your blog. I had to listen to the song. As I am sitting here I have tears rolling down my cheeks. What a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete