Saturday, September 4, 2010

"ticked" off

What a week I have had so far. I have to tell you all the most interesting medical problem I have had thus far.

I have been having eye trouble with my left eye. It started about 2 weeks ago, just a little eye irritaion. I thought it was allergies and I noticed that when I wore my contacts it was worse. So, I've been wearing my glasses, and keeping my hands and eyes both free of germs just in case it was something other than that.
....... Doesnt get better. It gets worse. I'm walking around with a red, swollen eye, although no pain or itching I finally stop being stubborn and go to the eye doctor.

You would not believe what they found in my eye.......

........ a freakin Seed Tick.

I'm not even kidding. ATTACHED to my eye... small enough to be invisible to the naked eye, but under a microscope it there. I freaked out, asking "WHAT? HOW? HUH? ARE YOU SURE?" My doctor was in just as much shock as I was. What makes it even more discusting is that it was still attached, but it was Dead. I can honestly say I had a dead seed tick attached to the inside of my eye. That is Gross.
So, now Im on a heavy eye drop antibiotic just in case it was DISEASED (doctor said it like it was nothing, "we will put you on this just in case...") and a steriod to reduce the swelling and redness.

I am now paranoid. I feel like there are little seed ticks everywhere.
and Im sure those reading this are now paranoid too.... sorry for that, but thats the weirdest thing I have ever had happen to me.

Sterling has been doing really well in daycare. I drop him off, and he no longer cries. We have a really good routine now and things seem to be alot better for him while he is there. Family Day is next friday, so Im excited about that.

Well, I have lots to do, so I hope everyone has a great night and Ill update more later!
God Bless
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment