Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My New Challange-- Join me!

Hello my 7 readers! I wish there were more! lol.... but its nice to know that its being read!

I have a new challenge!
This past Sunday, I went to church twice. I needed some guidance, some gospel music, and of course, the word of God. So, why not go to church for both services??!!

We started the beginning of the service with a story from a mother. She got up in front of the congregation and spoke about her son graduating high school the night before. He was one of twins, and was diagnosed with Autism at age 3. He was told that he would never be "up to par" with learning, that he would be slower than "normal" children... She was devastated. She decided that feeling sorry for herself and her child was going to get her no where. She prayed to God, asking him to guide her through this. She was a stay at home mother, until just a few weeks ago. She went back to work and got sat in front of a woman who had also just started her job. After talking, she learned that the lady she sat next to just found out that her 3 year old son was diagnosed with Autism. She said that she felt God had lead her there to help her.... to show her that her son was doing great, and that there is always a rainbow after the storm. The greatest part of the story? Her son graduated with honors! His best class? Speech. This goes to show that statistics do not matter when you have God on your side! Amen to that story, right!

After she spoke, our pastor did a sermon on "the power of the tongue". I didn't know what to expect when he stated that was what his sermon was about... is he going to speak in tongues? lol.... Not exactly. This sermon touched me... it made me challenge myself as a christian.
The part that stuck to me was this: If you spend as much time praying, as you do talking about something, think about how much that will change things.... The word of mouth can be the death of someone. Think about it... we all know that gossip can ruin lives.... so why do it? If we spent as much time praying, as we would in gossiping... the power of the prayer would be overwhelming. Another thing that is great about this: People want to be around positive people. People who are negative bring others down, that's a fact! I try to be as positive as possible, but there are times when I just plain don't feel good, and I get in moods where I don't have anything positive to say! (everyone has those moments, I know, but it can be controlled!)
I sat there, taking it all in, and Wow. The pastor challenged us to not speak anything negative about the church, its members, the sermons, etc, for two months. I took it a step farther: Don't speak negative for two months. PERIOD. I can do this... I can pray every time I have a bad thought, most of the time I'm praying already, but why not challenge myself to do more? Maybe I can have a domino effect on others... Maybe I can make a difference? I have already been tested a few times. I got upset with an old friend, who nowadays has nothing to do with me. Right when I was about to say something negative... I said "I pray she has a kinder heart". I meant it. I will not stoop to her level and be mean, I will simply pray for her. I hope this is a great learning experience for me, and others around me. I feel alot better already.

Some more news: I got a new job. It is at Brandon Eye Clinic in Springdale. Sterling's daycare is right down the street and I wont be driving out of town anymore! Its been devastating leaving the patients that I have grown so close to, but I have to start making myself happy. Its a slight pay cut, which is hard for me to grasp... but I'm saving money in gas, I have set hours Monday through Friday, and I will see my baby boy more. That's whats important in life! I am leaving for Florida on Sunday... Spending two weeks with my family! So happy about that. My mother has only seen Sterling Deen one time since his birth. With her health, its only fair that I go to her. It will be a MUCH needed vacation, and I'm excited to start my new job upon my return.

Please pray that all of this works out in my favor. I'm not good with change! I have worked soooooo hard at my current job, I have a routine, and I kick butt daily... but my stress levels are outrageous! I was so scared of hurting my boss by leaving, and leaving the clinic in a bad place by missing an employee. I have offered to help out part time as needed, especially since they wont hire anyone else, and there are alot of things that the new office manager has not fully learned yet. I don't want to leave anyone stranded. I hope that this transition goes smoothly, and that I love my new job.

I have also started another something new... A prayer journal. Man, what a great release this is! Its like my letters to God. Yes, I talk to him a million times a day, but sometimes writing it out is easier. my first journal entry was 11 pages! I highly encourage others to do this! At then end of my journal, I will be able to look back and see how much I have grown spiritually, and how much God has worked in my life. I want to make him proud! After all, He died for me. That's the least I can do.

I hope everyone is safe during these awful storms.
You are all in my prayers, and thanks for reading my rambles!

God Bless!

Molly-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment