Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sterling is 18 months!!!

Our little man is 18 months... yes... a year and a half already. Where has the time gone? The thought of him being 2 years old in 6 months is astonishing to me! He is growing so much, getting bigger every day... His vocabulary is expanding. Im kinda copying my friend Julie's blog, but I have made a list of words he has said recently... He is getting there! Im sure this month he will just take off with bigger and bigger words. He still babbles quite a bit, but its getting better every day!

Sterlings 18 month Vocabulary:
Mama
Dada
Papa
Doggie said "Doh-key"
more
milk said "Mil"
ball
Yum Yum
Go Go GOOOO!
no no
please said "pease"
thank you said "Tant chu"
yes
bath
oh yes--emphasising the ohhhh
okay-- said "ohhh kay"
stop it!
thats cool said "dats coo"
Oh wow!
car
bus
shoe
sock said "soh"
Duck
Quack Quack-- said "kak kak"
hi
bye
whats that-- said "its dat"

So far so good! He's a quick little learner and suprises me more and more!
Sterling is also getting into more of the boy toys. His favorite toys are his Bus, which he pushes all over the house, his rocking horse, blocks, and he loves to read! We arent watching Elmo as much... and he loves loves LOVES going to "school". At school he plays house, pushes his stroller around, reads, and is a little ladies man! His favorite outside toys are his little bike that Grandpa Dennis got him, and his ball. He runs and plays like its his first time outside every time! (I have no idea what we will do during the winter!!)

He has such a vibrant personality... He is so funny, acting goofy by dancing and making funny faces all the time. I love having him with me, its like a little mini me running around, cracking me up every time I turn around.
So, Thats the 18 month update.
********************************************************
Another update: I havent been employed by Springdale Police Department for about 2 weeks now. I didnt really realize how much strain that job put on my body. I would work from 10pm to 6am, come home, sleep for an hour, take sterling to school. Come back at 830, go to sleep by 9am, wake up and go leave to get Sterling by 1:30... I was just drained. physically, emotionally... I got sick all the time. And on top of that my stress levels at that job were insane! I loved my job. I loved helping people. I just couldnt deal with everything else that came with it... people were mean to me. It was worse than high school! Im not one to talk bad about anyone, but that job made me feel like I had to walk on eggshells every day.
Since I havent been there, I feel like Im back to being me. Even after I left I heard some hateful rumors about me. I just decided it was for the best and that I dont need or deserve to work for a company like that. So, now I have come to peace with what happened and I have focused my energy on finding another job.

Last week I had an interview at a psychologist's office. It went so well. The girls that I would work with are great. The Dr. is AMAZING, and the pace is slow, and its a low stress job. God really answered my prayers on this one. I have always, ALWAYS wanted to work in a medical office. So, if I get it its going to be a dream come true. Im so excited! I find out tomorrow but the doctor said that its looking positive for me, so I hope it happens!

Michael is still in school. Doing very well. This is such a big transition for him. I cant imagine what he is going through, I can only be here to support him. You have to think of what a soldier goes through overseas, coming home  and trying to find what your place in life is, then going to school... on top of it all... adjusting to crowds, young kids (mike is 28) who arent on the same level as you, just life in general while trying to still be a dad.... I give him props. Lots of this has caused a strain on the marriage, but now that we have discussed it I know that its not me, its things that I cant understand. Hopefully with some counsiling and more adjusting, Mike can continue to grow and live past his traumatic experiences... and we can grow more.

Julie Rumbaugh is pregnant!
Im so excited for her and I knew this time was coming... I literally just sent her a card telling her not to give up... and that its going to happen for her soon. I cried when she told me. Its something she wanted so badly, and Im so happy this time has come for her again. She is an amazing mom and I learn alot from her! I love you Julie, and Jackson-- BIG BROTHER JACK!!!! I like it :) By the time her baby gets here her husband will almost he done with his apprenticeship... so its literally the most perfect timing ever. God  is Good! I ask all my readers (the few I have) to pray for her and the baby! Healthy growth for mommy and baby to be!!

Well, Thats all for now! As you can tell by the picture Sterling is going to be a Sea Otter for halloween! Im very excited for this and I cant wait to post more pictures! New Post to follow soon!

God Bless,
Molly-Kate

3 comments:

  1. Molly I'm praying for your new job. It's always hard to leave something, but new doors will be opened and being healthy and stress free are a must, for you, for your son, for your family.
    I'm so excited for Julie too! YEAH!!!
    Have a great weekend :D
    Biz
    http://busybizblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly you will get the job!!
    I too am so excited for Julie!! I prayed for her every night!!
    Love ya!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to ALL of you! And I love that little otter:)

    ReplyDelete