Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A year of Growing

As this year comes to an end, I cant help but think about how it has gone, and how much we have all grown.

I personally feel like I have become more "Me" than ever. I am strong in my shoes, know what I want out of life, and I'm a damn good momma!

I look at my son and I think-- Did he really grow this fast? Where has the time gone? But he is just the most sweetest, loving, funny little handful I could've ever asked for.

This is the time to remember why we are all here. To be thankful for our families and friends. Christ was brought into the world so many years ago on Christmas day... and if he could look at the world now what do you think he would say? I personally strive to make him proud. I haven't been the best person, or wife that I know i could be, but i can say with confidence that I lived every day for him this year. I just ask that as you read this, take a moment and look at your life. Thank God for what you have. Sometimes the things that seem so big and overwhelming really are so small.

A lady at Hope Community church, in Springfield, Missouri told me something that has stuck with me. Especially now with my upcoming hard months:
She said "Honey, why do you worry? God has a BIGGER plan than you will ever know. Lay it all down to him. Stop worrying, and let him do his work. Just LAY IT ALL DOWN."
This was said to me from a lady I barely knew... My husband was going through treatment at the time for alcohol abuse, Sterling and I had no home- we were living house to house with friends... I had no idea what my future held or why I was even put in this position with a new born child. She had no idea what I was going through. At that moment in time I was scraping by, wondering how I was going to feed my child if I ran out of food stamps... or how I was going to buy diapers If i had no money. She didn't know-- but looked at me, said those words, and handed me $40.00. The next week at my woman's church group, all the girls had pitched in and bought diapers, wipes, food, clothes, and money. As I finally laid it all down, God took care of me. Those words spoke to me.... as I hope this story speaks to you.  
Ever since then, I have worried less, and trusted more.
If I could wish anything for all of my family and friends it is for you all to do the same.

I wish you all the most Merry Christmas ever... and please remember why we celebrate this day!
Happy Birthday Jesus!
And of course-- a Blessed new year, happy beginnings and heartfelt endings.


God Bless,
Molly-Kate

2 comments:

  1. Molly please know I'm praying prayers of healing and hope and love over you and Sterling. You are loved and his plan for you is big and AMAZING!
    Again, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete