Friday, August 27, 2010

My 1st Blog

So, Here it is... My first blog.

I have had 3 days to try and set this up, and its taken quite a bit to figure it out! Wish me luck! (Hopefully we will see some improvements in the next week or so!)
Well, Im starting this blog for the same reason My best friend Julie did... To leave a little story of my life behind for my son. I would love for him to look back and see what we have done together as a family... and I want to share it with my family and friends also.
My little boy Sterling is currently 16 months old... he is a little firecracker! Has mommys goofy personality, and daddys independance. My husband is Michael, he is a Veteran of the US Army, and is currently going to the University of Arkansas for a double major of Criminal Justice and Forensics. <- GO MIKE!
We have come a long way in our journey together as a family and I cant wait to see where the Lord takes us next!

With all that said, I will begin my 1st journal.
Sterling started Daycare, or as we call it "school" last week. He is doing really well. The first week it was tough, he cried alot, and didnt nap. But I think now we are finally starting to form a routine and he is doing better. The 1st day I dropped him off was hard, but it was the second week that was the kicker... As I'm driving to take him to the center, the radio was doing a theme on "back to school", playing all these songs, such as "butterfly kisses"- which gets me every time I hear it... and the tears started pouring down!
I managed to regather myself to drop him off, made it out the door and as I got back into my car, they began to read poems. One of them was in a childs point of view saying "mommy, im going to be fine" that one was good.... the next one was from the mommys point of view... and it started "dear world, please be kind to my baby".... just that alone made me ball. It was a gut wrenching poem, and as I drove home Im sure a million people were starring at me like "what is wrong with that lady?". I dont want him to grow up. I just want him to stay small and innocent forever. Sometimes I just watch him and wonder what kind of man he will be. Hopefully respectful, kind and loving towards others.... Mike and I joke and call him Pastor Sterling, (my way of trying to make him more holy or something) lol... but in all reality, My parents shaped me, and Its alot of pressure to make sure that we do the same. I know we will be fine, but its always on my mind. I always want whats best.

Michael going to school has been very interesting. I thought a baby changes a relationship, (as far as intimacy and "mommy daddy time") but now we have to designate "home work time" and "mommy needs a nap before work time"... I also work Midnights (from 10 pm to 6am) so the only nights we get to share the same bed are my nights off.... by then the two of us are so warn out! Its definitly a new experience for us, but we have been in way worse situations.  I always said that I wanted my kids like 2 years apart, but its starting to look like 4 years apart more and more each day. Sterling has been such a blessing to us, and Im ok with just having him for a few more years. With my job, I hear the worst of the worst stories of what happens to children. It makes me so Grateful for everything that we have. Sterling deserves the world, and Im going to do everything in my power to give it to him.

Well, Thats all for tonight. Im going to get ready for work, and catch up on other blogs before I go!

God Bless
Molly

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love it!

    And the part in the car? I started crying reading it:)

    ReplyDelete